Saturday, May 15, 2010

THE APPLE OF HIS EYE


OH, MY FRIENDS, HE CARES FOR YOU, EVEN AS HE CARED FOR JACOB: Duet. 32:10-11 In a desert land he found him (your name), in a barren and howling waste. He shielded him (your name) and cared for him (your name); He guarded him (your name) as the apple of his eye. Like an eagle that stirs up its nest and hovers over its young, that spreads its wings to catch them (you) and carries them (you) on its pinions.

Ps 17:88 Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings. In this scripture, the apple of the eye refers to the pupil. Look at my eye, for example, my apple (pupil) is surrounded by the blue of my iris. That is how close God surrounds us with His love and protection.

I want to give credit where credit is due: my thoughts on the apple of the eye are because of a song that has been going through my head for several days. It was written by a very dear friend of mine many years ago.....maybe even 20 years ago. I have used that song to teach the lessons about being the apple of God's eye for years. ♫ He tells me everyday that I'm the apple of His eye. If I were the only one he'd bear the cross again.....and He would die.♪

I have taken great comfort in this particular scripture in Duet. over the years by inserting my name into it. Remember this, when you need it.....maybe you need it today, or you know someone who does.

No comments:

Post a Comment